Tontine's Manufacturing Warranty
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to these implied consumer guarantees, Pacific Brands Clothing Pty Ltd ABN 40 098 742 655 (trading as Tontine), guarantees the chartered products listed below for a period of five (5), three (3), or two (2) years as stated below, against manufacturing defects. If you wish to contact Tontine our details are:
- HEAD OFFICE ADDRESS: 144-168 NATIONAL BOULEVARD, CAMPBELLFIELD, VIC 3061
- PHONE NUMBER (IN AUSTRALIA): 1800 630 034
- EMAIL: TONTINE_ENQUIRIES@PACBRANDS.COM.AU
COVERAGE AND APPLICATION
Tontine warrants that your Product will be free from manufacturing defects for five (5), three (3), or two (2) years, as stated above, commencing on the actual day of purchase, as evidenced by your proof of purchase.
For the purpose of this warranty, a Product is a product which:
- is listed by name on the ‘Tontine bedding chartered product' listing above
- was manufactured by or on behalf of Tontine
- is used in a normal domestic environment, not a commercial environment
- was sold directly by Tontine, or by an Authorised Stockist or Distributor of Tontine
- was purchased in Australia.
If you purchased a Product in Australia and wish to make a claim under this warranty, you should:
- visit the Authorised Stockist the Product was purchase from with the Product; or
- phone Tontine customer service on 1800 630 034 between 8.30am - 5pm AEST Monday to Friday.
When you make any claim under this warranty it is essential that you provide a copy of your proof of purchase of the Product, for example, your receipt. A claim under this warranty is not formally made unless and until that proof of purchase is provided. You will not be able to gain the benefit of this warranty without making a valid claim.
Upon visiting an Authorised Stockist with a copy of proof of purchase and the Product, the Product will be dispatched to Tontine for assessment. If possible, all items should be returned in their original packaging (including cardboard folded between the Products).
Upon calling 1800 630 034 our customer service team will help you to determine whether the Product needs to be assessed and we will arrange with you to have the Product returned for assessment. If possible, all items should be returned in their original packaging (including cardboard folded between the Product). The address for sending Product for assessment is:
144-168 National Boulevard, Campbellfield, VIC, 3061
You must include the following details with the Product you have returned for assessment:
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your day time phone number;
- Your proof of purchase documentation (for example, your receipt);
- Brief description of the fault; and
- Brief description of how you have used the products.
Attached at the bottom of this document is a return form you can print and use to complete the above details.
If, following receipt of a claim under this warranty, Tontine determines that your claim in respect of a Product is valid; Tontine will replace the Product with the same or similar product at no cost to you, and, if applicable, reimburse you for the cost of sending the Product to Tontine Group via registered mail.
If, following receipt of a claim under this warranty, Tontine determines that your claim in respect of a Product is invalid, Tontine will return the Product via registered mail to the address you provided when you submitted the claim. Where your claim is invalid you will not be entitled to be reimbursed for your costs for sending the Products for assessment.